Woodworking Maple Veneered Fireplace Mantel Project
Our latest woodworking project is a maple veneered fireplace mantel. We custom made it to replace the previous mantel which was too high and dark.
- Remove old mantle, replace with 2-bolt anchors (1/2"
- Add data jack above bolt with for cable (RJ45),
ethernet (cat5e), hdmi
Add 4 electrical plugs above other bolt
- Measure and build box, drill holes for bolts, cut slots
- Fill with wood patch, sand, and clean surface for glue
- Glue veneer to box using contact cement
- Trim and finish veneer (veneer found at local
- Level and bolt on mantle above
I hope you like our new fireplace mantel. We love it!